Well, Nana K has done it again. When she whipped this up for us last time we were home, I was amazed that in under 30 minutes she put together this beautiful meal that was absolutely delish!
Here are the details:
- Roast and Skin 4 Poblano Chili Peppers (video)
- Char both sides of the peppers on your grill or stove top
- Place in a plastic bag or bowl with plastic wrap and seal tightly
- After about 20 minutes, the peppers will be sweaty and super easy to peel
- While the peppers are getting sweaty, brown your ground beef (1 lb) or cook shredded chicken
- Add some bell pepper and sweet onion if desired along with garlic and sautee together
- After the Peppers are peeled, open them up and remove seeds
- Cut stem to create opening
- Leave a few if you’re feeling dangerous (seeds = spice)
- Stuff the peppers with your filling
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack Cheese on top
- Place in the Oven and Broil just until your cheese is melted
- Deck it out
- Serves 4. Enjoy!